Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Queen of Hearts


Oftentimes, I lay on my bed with my peach-faced lovebird perched on my shoulder, with my favorite pillows surrounding me, and I have no clue what I am going to draw.

So, I begin to move my hand slowly and sensually, and voila!

Something interesting emerges onto my blank sheet of paper.

"The Queen of Hearts" is one example.

I like my art to be on t-shirts mostly and not hanging on walls. It's why I like to call my illustrations, "Art for the Masses".

I suppose I am just a graffiti artist at heart and I like it when my drawings are seen walking down the street or maybe just sitting in the park.

I have no idea what I was thinking when this design evolved from a blank piece of paper. Perhaps I was just thinking of Alice in Wonderland, and of falling down a tunnel.

4 comments:

  1. I like your drawing. Quite interesting and original. One suggestion for your blog- turn off the caps lock. All caps is very hard on the reader.

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice pic and poem to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the all-caps. I fixed it. Thanks Vincent!

    ReplyDelete